And now for something completely different…
I’m posting this just because it’s funny and because not enough people in the world are aware of the kryptonitic effect that Internet Explorer 6 (“IE6″) has over web developers.
If you’re using IE6, in the name of all that is good in the world, HAVE MERCY.
What do you mean you don’t know?
How can you not know what browser you’re using?
What’s a “browser”?
You’re kidding, right?
Okay, pay attention class:
- A browser is the software installed on your computer that you use to view web pages on the internet.
- ” You’re soaking in it.” – you’re using a browser right now to read this.
- The most commonly used browsers are: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari.
- Now, look at the top of the window of your browser and click “Help” (it’s on the far right of the menu bar. You know, “File”, “Edit”, “View”, etc.)
- Now, look at the last item in the “help” menu. It will say “about…<your browser name>”. Click it.
- If it says “Internet Explorer version 6.0.blah.blah-blah-blah…” You’re killing a web developer!
I Do Believe in Web Developers
You can help save a web developer (cue sappy music…) It’s fast, easy, free and you’ll sleep better tonight. Here’s how:
- Upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer now, please, pretty please.
- Better yet… Want to super-size and super-speed your web browsing experience? Huh? Do ya? Huh? Then ditch Internet Explorer! That’s right, put the IEx Kryptonite into a lead box and give it a super-hurl into the yellow sun of Firefox (by Mozilla) goodness. Get the latest Firefox browser here. Trust me. You WILL thank me. And somewhere in the world a Web Developer will survive and thrive because of you.
(Disclaimer: If a web developer hugs you, I don’t know you and never wrote any of this. What’s a “browser”, anyway?)